Monday 7 November 2022

Words Down Writing Prompts - 6th November 2023

 All prompts based on the work of Brenda Shaughnessy.

1 Minute Speed Writing Prompts

The baby's father is Sleepy
which makes him Happy.
It was delivered by the Doc
Dopey thinks that Sneezy is the real dad,
and he's not Bashful about saying so,
but I think he's just being Grumpy.


I suppose I could blame God
for making me do the things I do,
failing in the way that I have.
If I were a religious man
It's an easy get out,
But this time, me being me,
I can only blame myself.


What began as a wildfire
Became an adventure
Tables in the forest, tents in a field,
New friends and new challenges,
Games in an arena
Joy in our lives


I wish I had more sisters
Ideally younger than myself.
Someone to protect.
Someone who would look up to me
and I would keep them safe
Until they got older.
Then I'd just worry instead.

15 Minute Prompt

I am dreaming of a house, inspired by "Visitor"

I am dreaming of a house,

Perhaps in a similar situation to this one,

With life and light streaming from its heart.

A river of animal warmth 

flowing through every room

into the garden

around the furniture and the toys

and back, up the stairs

to bed and safety.

Come spend some time.

There is warmth to share,

Food to sustain you.

You are welcome

If you bring with you whatever

light and warmth you are able.

If you have plenty you can complement our supply.

If you have little or none

then we will try to send you on your way

with more than you brought.

Like our detritus,

our hearth's heat spills over through our lives

and our interactions.

Please gather some up

and carry it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment